Monday, June 12, 2006

Summer Reading - Book 2

Title: Yarn Harlot: the secret life of a knitter
Author: Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Number of Pages: 219

Stephanie's book was at times hysterically funny and at other times very tender and emotional. Part of what makes this book so good is that if you are a knitter - you will see yourself on lots of pages and you will be able to identify quite frequently! I especially enjoyed the section on finding the tape measure. I could have bet money that she has been at my house when I have lost my tape measure. The final chapter about losing a needle and finding it was so funny. I, too, have been there and been given "that look". I was touched by the story of the one little sock. I think that was the most heartwrenching story she has written. All in all, this book was fun to read...and it came at a time when I needed a good laugh.

Next book up: Dad by Choice by Marie Ferrarella (Silhouette Romance)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home