Monday, June 05, 2006

Summer Reading Challenge 2006...

Between June 1 and today, I have finished The DaVinci Code. If I was supposed to be impressed - I wasn't. For starters it was the slowest starting book I've ever read! He could have cut out about 100 pages and still got the story down!

As far as all the hoopla about the premise of the story - it wasn't anything I haven't already thought about and probably believe...so, it wasn't any big deal.

My next book to read is: Yarn Harlot : The Secret Life of a Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I read her second book, At Knit's End : Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much a while back and thought I would like to read her other books.

3 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Jen said...

If you haven't already read Angels and Demons, give it a try. Much better book.

I was overheard in Target telling a friend that, and wound up in a small discussion with about 2 or 3 bystanders who all agreed with me.

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, I agree. Could they have made that book any slower??? I actually gave it away around page 75. I had to get on with my life. I'll MAYBE see the movie. I'll be reading Wendy Knits' book next.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I agree with Jenny Angels and Demons is a better read. I read the meditations book and I loved it. I also have the second book and just haven't gotten to it yet but I hope to soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home