Friday, May 19, 2006

Sister...Scarlett's Mother...Daughter...

My sister, Mary Ellen, was here for four days to celebrate Mother's Day with our mother. We had a nice time even though we didn't do too much - kind of sat around the house and chatted. Did manage to go out one day to try and find shoes for mother. We had a nice time and it was good to see her.

She departed yesterday on the same plane that brought Scarlett's mother, Helen, in for a couple of weeks.

Helen has not seen the house since we moved here - and I think she was in New Hampshire once before in her lifetime but doesn't remember any of it. I have been working on a gift for her - am knitting her a shawl. It looks like the one to the right - only in a light shade. I've almost finished two skeins of yarn - it takes 2-1/2 skeins for the length and the other half for the fringe.

Wonderful news from my daughter, Tara, today. She is moving into a house. She has wanted a house ever since she moved to Phoenix...and this month her dreams came true. She e-mailed me photos of the house today and it has a really nice floor plan...and the yard is awesome. Typical Arizona landscaping - but, there is something pretty about it...I've discovered every area has its own beauty.

4 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Blogger Deb R said...

Wow, it's going to seem quiet when y'all have the house to yourselves again after all those weeks of family guests! I like the shawl.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a very nice time! And to have several day to sit and get caught up is such a nice use of time. Gald it was a good time for all.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Yay for Tara! I've lived in seven houses in the last seven years, in two different countries, two different Australian states and have loved every one.
Can't wait to see the finishe shawl

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice when company visits, and nicer when they go home. (My favorite saying.)
That's great about your daughter's house. I can beat Jay on this one: 24 apartments in 15 years in WAY too many states!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home