Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Knitting...


I've been quite busy knitting these lovely socks for myself and just finished the first one while at Panera Bread on Sunday.

It suddenly dawned on me that Scarlett's mother is coming to visit on May 18th - and her birthday is May 3. Scarlett said I told her I was going to knit a pair of socks for her mother - but, I don't remember that...I said I was going to knit a shawl for her -

So on Monday I went searching for some soft comfy yarn in my totes - found this lovely Homespun which her mother will love. So, I have put aside my socks for the moment and am working on the shawl. It should go fast enough as it is on 10 needles. The other thing is that it will be easy for her mother to care for.

The newest yarn aquistion is for my daughter's socks. Isn't it lovely? I do enjoy knitting with Encore - and it once again is an easy yarn to knit something out of for Tara as if she is anything like me hates to hand wash anything. I especially love the color as it reminds me of bluejeans fabric...and since she likes to wear jeans - these will go perfectly.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Congrats on finishing your socks! And the yarn for your daughter is nice--just like blue jeans!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home