Monday, April 24, 2006

Sunday...

Was pretty much rainy and yucky! Scarlett and I left early in the morning to head for the Manchester Airport (oops - the Manchester Boston Regional Airport - wait till somebody flies in there and finds out Boston is an hour away and there isn't a damn cab or shuttle bus to get you there!).

Ahh, but I digress - Scarlett flew to Minnapolis for four days...(lucky her)...After waving goodbye for a while and watching her settle in to wait for her flight to board - I left and headed for Nashua to meet up with the SnB NH group.

Stopped at a wonderful bookstore "The Toadstool Bookshops" in Milford. Great bookstore. While there I managed to pick up a 9-years-together gift (can't tell you what it is...yet...).

Well, can you believe it - there I was heading in on 101W when I saw a sign stating "Yarn Shop"... so I made this U-turn and head in...they didn't open until Noon so I sat in the car reading during the eight minute wait. But. lo and behold - next door to the yarn shop was a quilt store only they weren't open...:(

Covered Bridge Creations was the yarn shop and I ended up buying some really nice yarn for a pair of socks for my daughter.

From there it was time to hit Target (we don't have one close to where we live) so it is always a treat to go. They of course had Easter candy and stuff at 90% off - so, I got some Peeps and Bunnies and a few cards. Picked up my Methods French Lavender Floor Cleaner and some laundry soap. Manage to find Scarlett's birthday present (which is May 2) there...and she'll never guess what it is...nor will she ever believe I thought about this!

Then it was off to hook up with the Nashua SnB NH group. What fun it was to meet Folkcat and her husband, Patrice, Michelle, and four other people whose names just escaped my brain. The items being knitted were very diverse and included: socks, scarf, purse, cell phone case, shawl, and a kerchief. Folkcat and her husband were taking apart some wonderful sweaters that were made of cashmere and can't remember what else...they will be re-knit into some other wonderful creation.

Pulled out about 5 PM and headed for home...all in all, it was a pretty good day!

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, airports are getting funny. The Worcester, Mass. one is being renamed, too, to the Boston Worcester Regional. At it's about 50+ miles away.

That's great to find new places. A quilt AND yarn shop side by side? ALLWAYS good news. I hope you post pics of the socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home