Thursday, April 20, 2006

This and that...again...

Only four more boxes and the office/craft room upstairs will be finished...at least with opening and putting away the stuff in the boxes...I did find some photos and things that I wanted to hang on the walls - so will need to get that done.

Put the solar lights out today by the walkway that leads to the front door. Checked my flower beds and things are really popping up. Need to get a camera out there in the next day or two.

Sunday, Scarlett leaves for Minneapolis (think Mall of America...which I am sure is where she will be every free moment...) for a three day conference and will be home late Wednesday night. It was one of those cities that I sort of wanted to go to - and I could have if I would have been able to get respite for mother - but, it wasn't a city that just screamed "Come see me"! Now had it been Chicago, Boston, NYC, Savannah - then maybe I would have pushed myself a little to go.

We will only have a couple of weeks after Scarlett gets back to get ready for my sister's arrival - but, I am feeling much more confident that we will be ready...hey, last time she was here there were boxes stacked to the ceiling in every room but Mother's bedroom and our bedroom...at least now there is an occasional box - and those are mostly photos that need to be hung - but we haven't painted the stairway where we want them to go.

Well, I am off to finish a block for our previous quilt guild president and I am trying hard to match everything up...I'll post a photo in the next few days...

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo, sounds like you are getting settled in at long last.
You're right, the mid west is ok, but not for us East Coaster types. [wink]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home