Monday, April 10, 2006

Yarn and more yarn...

Mercy, I just opened another tote in the Craft room/Office that I am unpacking the last few boxes in and guess what I found...if you say "yarn" you are right!

Several skeins each of wonderful yarns along with a half-knit afghan in a checkerboard pattern in grey and purple. Really need to finish that one - it is very pretty.

But, I found some yarn that is strange to me...it came from my friend, Mike - who gave me two looms when he passed away. It looks like lace yarn - very thin like what I saw in the quilt store in Concord that the lady said was lace yarn. There are four small cakes (for the lack of a better word) - one each of a green, navy, lavander, and black. Then there is the huge cake - 10 inches across on a cone in gray and a smaller more upright cone in beige.

Also, found a big plastic bag full of what looks like fleece that comes off a sheep. It is brown and I don't know if anything has been done to it or not...

So, tomorrow, I am going up to the local yarn shop (in the next town over - that is the closest) as I think she can tell me what it is I have...and help me figure out a way to use it. She raises sheep and alpacas and spins her own wool. If the fleece stuff can be turned into yarn I really want to do that for sentimental reasons.

Anyway, that was my adventure today...

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, what an interesting find! I wonder if you do indeed have raw fleece there.
If you do and you need help processing it, let me know, I'm happy to lend a hand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home