Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Spring Fever...

has really struck! And, along with it this unbelievable need to get organized and clean! What's with that! I know one reason is that my sister is coming to visit in May and I want my house to look awesome...mainly because when she was here last we had only been in the house less than a month and there were boxes everywhere...and I mean everywhere...stacked up to the ceiling with little paths to get through.

Played with yarn today and got all of it organized and really looked to see what I have in those four totes full of yarn...I'll tell you what I have ... too damn much yarn ... just like my fabric ... too damn much fabric, too. But, I have plans for all of it!!! And, of course, I will continue to buy more...that's just the way it is...

Worked on the hat by Dave design last night and got it almost finished ... tried it on and it is too small...but, am not giving up...will recast on a few more stitches and work on it until I get it right.

Am not sure I did the decreasing right - He said he decreases every 10th stitch in each round. I don't know what to do when there aren't very many stitches left - cause it was starting to get a point on the top of the hat...

3 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I wonder what is going on? Hmmm...and it shouldn't be pointy. I'm not sure what to say, it's worked for me so many times.

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got spring cleaning fever too! Partly because I'm not working right now, so I figure I need to at least have a clean house; but also I think the lighter days show the dust and grime more. Ugh.

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you get to the top of the hat and you only have a few stitches left (like 6 or 8), you can thread your working yarn through them and pull it tight, it will close off the top of the hat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home