Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Just stuff...

It is for sure that my time wasn't wasted when I spent it planting all those bulbs in the two flower beds at the front of the house and in the flower bed that runs the length of the house...as just in the last few days I am seeing sprouts of varying colors creeping up through the dirt. This is the second spring we have lived here and our first spring brought lots of irises and not much else. So, I got brave and planted tulips and more irises and who knows what else...it the what else that I wonder about.

We have a lovely yard area - the front has some nice space between the house and the road...but it was fairly empty and devoid of any plants except for a few bushes on one of the stairs that were right next to the house with a lot of blank space in between the bushes. On the other side of the stairs is a flower bed surrounded by rocks which had a tiny little plant in it and again right next to the house a bunch of irises.

The flower bed with the rocks is the one I chose to fill with who knows what, tulips and more irises. Then Scarlett and I got brave and built a flower bed around one of the trees in the front yard...this is also planted wtih tulips, irises and who knows what. Right by the driveway where I park my car is a big wooden barrel that I planted with tulips (I think).

Our side yard is devoid of plants except for those irises that are planted right next to the house. It is a lovely side yard and is shielded from the street by a very pretty hedge. I want to do something with the side yard and not sure what. Right now there is a lonely bird bath sitting there. I want some chairs and a small table there I think. Maybe this year we can get that.

The back yard is totally fenced in with privacy fencing (thank goodness - as our dogs do love to bark) . There are two small flower beds - both next to the garage building. We have a patio made of brick and we have our table and chairs on it as well as our grill. The rest of the yard does not have much in it - other than a small fire pit and a huge cast iron caldron. The back yard seems to be the dogs area - and they enjoy the freedom of running loose.

We also have an other area of yard that is on the other side of the driveway that leads to the garage...it is just a small area with a flower bed that runs the length of the fence and another one of those wooden barrels. I may plant my lettuce and tomatoes in that area this year.

Soon I will post some photos of our yard and plants - until then I will wait and see what blooms.

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Deb R said...

Sounds beautiful - can't wait to see photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home