Thursday, May 11, 2006

Company...Fixing up the house...

My blog may not get much attention in the next week or so as we have company comin...

Of course, we would decide that this would be the week that we would get some little things that we can't do ourselves done around the house...and so, far it has been wonderful getting these things done.

We got a new light in the kitchen installed and the office had two windows but neither one of them had been framed in - Bill, the fellow who is working here, framed them in beautifully. They match all the other windows in the house. I didn't expect that he would do that...I just thought he would do something really simple...

A closet door would not go back into the track - so, he fixed that...and he is making two screens for two of our windows that don't have any and the front door jam needed replacing. There is still a shelf to put in and a small window in the basement that needs framed in...

But, the best - was we had the carpeting on the stairs replaced. The one that was on there was dark, dark green Victorian design and I hated it...so, we got new - it is a really pretty light green and I could not believe how much it brighten up the room.

I promise to post some photos of the house soon...

5 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very cool, Sara! It so nice when all those little jobs get finished, and the whole place seems like a new home. Congrats!

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
can I borrow your handman when you are done? Let me know so I can get a house.
Talk to you when the company leaves! Say, "Hey" to Scarlet for me.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger jennhx said...

Hey - new green carpeting - great timing (project spectrum green month)!

It is wonderful to get odd jobs completed on things that have been bothering you.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

Are you having fun?

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dave
look forward to meeting you soon and guess what we have BLUE skies here today also. Wonder if Sara will ever wake up, suppose to go out for breakfast.....see ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home