Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Summer Reading Challenge 2006

Amanda has started a Summer Reading Challenge for 2006...and I am joining. Why - because I used to read all the time...and I mean all the time...and now I rarely pick up a book and sit and read. She is suggesting one a week...but, I'm not brave enough to do that - so, I am going to read two books a month...starting with: The DaVinci Code - Special Illustrated Edition by Dan Brown.

After finishing that book, I will be reading books off of my bookcases - and I am not kidding when I say I have over 1,000 books in my home...so, surely, I can find something to read...so I will be picking some fiction, some biographies, and some non-fiction.

I can remember that my mother used to have to beg me to go outside and play because I was always reading...and when I did go outside I would head for the mulberry tree in our yard and sit in it - reading and eating wild mulberries. I always got in trouble because I would take a flashlight to bed with me so that I could read more. I am proud to say that I read all the Nancy Drew books, Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden and who knows what else during my childhood years...and in my adult years I read all the time...it is just recently in the last few years that I haven't read as much as I used to. So, this challenge will be fun....


3 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent, Sara! Good for you! I used to read all the time as a kid as well - it was a great escape. Now if I read a few pages before I go to bed, I think I'm doing really well! I'm hoping to get more reading sone during the summer vacation from school, but we'll see how that goes.....

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also an under-the-covers flashlight reader as a kid! I've always stayed up too late when I'm into a good book.
Enjoy the reading challenge.

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a former reader. I think it stopped when I got a job walking distance from home. I would read more than a book a week when I commuted, but rarely anything paper now. All my reading is confined to digital reading. Blogs mostly. (And there are some horrible writers out there, too, lol)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home