Thursday, August 03, 2006

Pot Scrubbers...and Dishcloths...

Several people asked about the pot scrubbers. The pattern that I found to be the easiest is found at Frugal Knitting Haus. They use regular crochet thread (like your grandmother used to use to crochet doilies) ... I used the crochet thread for one of them and I like it the best. But, I also used some Sugar N Cream - only when I used the S&C I used a single strand.

As for dishclothes - I make two a month as I belong to a Dishcloth Knit Along. They are a lot of fun and you learn how to create designs within the cloth and different techniques.

Hope that helps...happy knitting!!

6 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing the link.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Jen said...

The ones I've been knitting use good ol' Red Heart acrylic yarn. Bill (he's the one who does the dish scrubbing) says they're the best scrubbies he's ever used.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I like to use dish cloth as many times as possible in a blogging post to drive Dave and Cookie crazy...thanks for the links!

:o)

Ann

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *KNEW* there HAD to be a dishragalong out there somewhere. And, here I was suggesting to Ann to start one up. They're nice, but I still don't get it...[Shaking head and staring off into space, looking for the mothership, with dishrags hanging out a porthole window.]

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm making the quilts not quite weekly, but close enough that I can live with myself-about every 10 days. "Midlife" is turning into a series-going to post pics when I'm at a stopping point for a week or two. I suspect it's going to be a recurring theme so that even when I'm "done", I'll add another here or there. It's an interesting way to work out what's going on in my head & it's giving me a little clarity. Very interesting and I'm glad I started them.

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, good grief, Sara, I forgot to log on my ID for the last comment! Sorry! Definitely time for bed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home