Friday, November 10, 2006

Denver Trip...Part One...

For someone who does not like to fly, I certainly can take a lot of photos from the plane window. My first impression of Denver...the Rocky Mountains are off in the distance and it looks like the city has been dropped down into this crater.
Denver seems to be a mix of new architecture and old. Our hotel, the Hyatt, was across the street from the Convention Center.

The "Cow Parade" was all the rage in Denver while we were there...and for the life of me I can't explain why I am so attracted to these works of art other than I think they are totally beautiful. This one graced part of the 16th Street Mall - a one-mile traffic free area which contains malls, restaurants, and all manner of entertainment. Plus, to make it easy to get back and forth the Transit System runs a free shuttle back and forth with on and off abilty at any of the many stops enroute. Not all of Denver's downtown is modern and one of the prettiest areas was the Lower Downtown area with it's old buildings which have been converted into elegant restaurants, nightclubs, and shops. We enjoyed dinner in that area twice.

3 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I have never been to Denver. It's a place on my list of places I would love to visit...who knows..I may get there one day!

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the painted cows! Very cool. You should bring one home... LOL!

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I like the old with the new! I think that always makes for fun diversity. Love the cows, too! That may have to be a "must do" trip for next year. Sort of matches my pumpkin theme... well.. in an apples and oranges sort of way!

Like you, I took TONS of pictures from the air, too.... but, I Love to fly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home