Saturday, November 11, 2006

Denver Trip...Part Two...





The area around the State Capitol, Library, and Museum has a lovely park that joins all of the buildings. My love of flowers shows up in the photos on my camera. I have no idea what the flowers are in the top photo - but, they were beautiful and the leaves were so very different.

The second photo shows the entry way to the Library and Museum that one reaches by walking through all the lovely flower beds. The third photo is of another lovely flower bed. I was surprised that the colors and flowers were so vivid especially since some days the weather was pretty cold - down in the 40s and 50s.

The State Capitol looks out over the city and there is a spot in the rotunda where one is actually a-mile-high. Offers a beautiful view of Denver.

4 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs! And I'm always open to seeing flower photos.

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are Cana Lilly's, Sara. They're a bulb plant. Great pictures! Looks like you got to see a lot of the cool history there!

(here's a link to another pic. of a cana lilly)
http://www.pbase.com/barbados/image/4672748

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I am surprised to see such colorful flowers with those kinda temps. Maybe they were just being beautiful to keep warm?

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love canalillies!! Such pretty photos Sara! I love reading your blog, it is so much fun!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home