Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February...

Today ends my birthday month...and what a nice month it really turned out to be.

Monday, I took myself up to the quilt store. They always send a $10.00 gift certificate - (and of course, one always buys a bit more)...so I got 3 black and white fat quarters, a black with lime green batik (fat quarter) and 3 - 1/2 yards of a gorgeous floral, a brown with red, and a gold batik.

Then I took myself to lunch at Molly's which had sent me a $10.00 off my meal plus a free dessert card. I enjoyed a wonderful Caesar salad, Bacon Cheeseburger with fries, cranberry juice, and a huge slice of NY style cheesecake!!!!

For gifts I received money from my mom & sister, a microwave, some beautiful quilt related magnets, and a gift certificate to Amazon which I used to purchase the Yarn Harlot's newest book (which isn't out yet) and the Mason - Dixon Knitting Book.

We had our first huge snow storm in February...and it looks like March is going to roar in on Friday with some kind of a storm...either lots and lots of snow or one of those wintery mix things...

On the knitting front - I finished my red sweater!!!! Now just to block it and put it together.

Have about 1/2 the foot done on my first Cabin Cove sock...

And, quite a bit on the turquoise scarf...

Life is Good!!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

As a fellow Aquarius, for me it's the month of January but I am so glad you got to celebrate all February! It sounds like you did very well treating yourself all around with the shopping and yummy food. You deserve it! We should do these things all year.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Your post made me smile...Good for you!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Bijoy said...

Hey there, Good post made me really feel good keep the good work do write more
regards Biby -Blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home