Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Childhood Book Meme...

My buddy, Erica tagged me to do this childhood book meme...and it looked like fun...

List 5 books that played and important role in your childhood and explain why. Then tag 5 others.

1. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. This book had to be my most favorite book of my growing up years. It was one of those books that was read over and over and I did. The March girls, Meg (the sensible one), Jo (the tomboy), Beth (the sickly one) and Amy (the pretty flirty one) became my best friends.

2) Nancy Drew Mysteries by Carolyn Keene - Read every one of them! It's really strange how many mysteries I read as a child - yet they are not my favorite type of fiction now. It was always an adventure and you got to go along for the ride. What else could a child want?

3) Hardy Boys Mysteries by Franklin Dixon. (gosh actually remember his name). Same as with Nancy - got all those great adventures and they all had such cool parents that let them go out and investigate all this neat stuff.

4) Cherry Ames Series by Helen Wells and Julie Tatham. Cherry Ames was a nurse (and what little girl didn't want to be a nurse) but she also did a little bit of detective work on the side...

5) Trixie Belden - Julie Campbell. Another detective! One of the things I noted in looking over the books I read as a child is that all the girls were strong and not afraid of things.

My days were spent reading and I mean reading a lot. My mother would have to chase me out of the house to play...and then I'd hide a book and go sit up in the mulberry tree, eat mulberries and read.

I rarely tag anyone - but, if you want to play - just let me know in the comments so I can see what you had to say....

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Gerry said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. The stitches are Sharon B's work. And yes, they are wonderful!

I like this post, especially since your complete profile shows you are 251 years old. LOL. It's a Blogger thing! But kind of fun :-)

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Sprite said...

Oh gosh... I barely remember my childhood, let alone books that made a difference. Other than Dr. Seuss and Black Beauty, of course! *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home