Monday, May 12, 2008

NHS&W...Part I...

The best part of the fiber festival was running into friends...and blogger friends that I'd never met... Gail (in the green) and her friend whose name I've totally forgotten. Gail works at the hospital where Scarlett works and we know each other from when I volunteered there.

The person in the stunning shawl - would be Carole. Funny thing is I recognized her husband, Dale, before I did her...I had just arrived and parked my car and looked over to my right - and there was Dale! Jumped out of the car and said - "Say, aren't you Dale?" He said he was - and then Carole looked around from behind the car and recognized me. They are such fun! I hung with them for a little while -but had to go catch up with everyone from my knitting group who were working at the festival - either in their own booths or as volunteers!

My friend, Cheryl and that would be Tina, who wasn't looking at the camera!

That would be Heather in the stunning red shawl...

Dale on the left (and others who I can't remember) at the pot luck! Someone please fill me in on names when you recognize the photos -
More at the potluck -- And still more at the pot luck! It was a ton of bloggers together talking yarn, patterns, and showing each other what we had bought so far! It was fabulous - and for my first time a little overwhelming to meet so many NEAT people.

Met: Maryse, and a bunch more that I can't even remember their names....

Ran into: Erica, and Kat (no photos - the building was too dark and my flash wasn't working right then)

My buddy, Rhonda and her husband, Bill, came up from Salem, MA and we spent the afternoon hanging together! And, didn't get the first photo of us together!

And, one last photo - Yes...that would be me trying my hand at spinning. The teacher said I did really well - and I got the hang of it pretty quick...

Don't even go there!!!!(I have one photo of me - Had three taken - but the other two didn't turn out - one was real fuzzy and the other was a flash of pink - so guess my camera was rebelling at working so hard!!!)

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing, how small our community is? In one way or another, we all know so much about each other. And, then to finally all meet up. I'm jealous of all the fun you had.

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spinning, eh? Don't think you will escape the fever now that you've had a taste!

I'm so happy you were able to go and enjoy yourself; you definitely deserve it! Wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

It was great to meet you in person! I could tell you were really excited to be there, you were literally floating through the festival. Good times!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I'm happy you had such a good time! What fun to meet like-minded people :-)

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I always have a good time when I meet up and hang out with my "twin" fiber nut!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is incredible that you know so very many Bloggers - IN PERSON! Is is all the Knitting Connection? In the two and a half years I have been blogging I have met four different bloggers....two from pretty far away...One from Arkansas and one from New Zealand...! The other two were from closer by...
It looks like you had a Great Day!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh what fun! It sounds from the reports of many that it was about a perfect day for it.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does your t-shirt say "I'm blogging this?"

What a whole lot of knitting bloggers you met!

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sara, it was good to see you! I'll have you know that Yarn Harlot talked me into buying roving at my first NHS&W and 8 months later, I bought my first wheel. So, be careful-it sneaks up on you!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Yo. The first picnic table picture:
Sadly Blogless Sharon and her husband Al, both friends of Carole, with Knitigator Kathy at the end of the table.

Picture below that: Sadly BLogless Manise of the comments, and Marcy talking.

Picture below that, another picnic table picture: Terry (Knitting the Blues) and IndigoDi are standing talking. On the left is Woolen Rabbit Kim and her husband Ken. On the right at the picnic bench is me (Etherknitter), and my friend Connie. Marcy (Habetrot) is standing.

Great report!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

It looks like so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home