Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mail Call...

This week has been a great mail week for me...Some things I was expecting (because of a couple of contests that I won) - but, then one of them was a complete surprise...

My friend, Julie, has the sweetest grandbaby named Clover. Samantha is Clover's mom and she is a sweetheart. Anyway, to make a long story short - I've been friends with Julie since before Clover was born and now keep up with her through Julie's blog.

Yesterday's mail brought this adorable card from Clover! Melted my heart! I was so - words are failing me - thrilled to get this little work of art and to think that she remembered me... and that doesn't say what I am feeling exactly). It was most special!!! She made my day! Thank you, Clover! I hope your Earth Day was great!



Then my buddy, Amanda over at Busy Little Quilter sent me this wonderful package. I won a contest over at her blog! Look at the goodies: Moda's Flag Day Farm Charm Pack and an adorable pattern for a table runner. I really like this pattern - mainly because it is so different. Thank you, Amanda!!!

Knowing that I hang out at reading blogs should not come as a surprise to anyone! Well, Lee McKenzie, who writes for Harlequin American Romance was having a little tea party a while back. I entered and lo and behold, I won one of her prizes...A great mug - it's really contemporary looking! And, some of my most favorite tea...from Murchies. This one is Murchie's Afternoon Blend. I learned about them when I was in Vancouver, British Columbia while having Afternoon Tea at the Empress. (Do check out the links - they are awesome!) Thank you, Lee!!!

For sure it was a wonderful week with great mail. It's always nice to get mail - that aren't bills or advertisements!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Pat said...

WOW......the mail carrier must think you are a celebrity to always be getting packages!!! LOL The card from Clover is SO sweet!!!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Congratulations on your win! And that card is adorable. How nice to be remembered in such a sweet way!

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

What a sweet card! More prizes!!! Seriously you need to put your name in for some big stuff...car, house, loads of money.

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you enjoyed your card from Clover :-)

XOXO

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Lee McKenzie said...

Hi, Sara!

I'm so happy to know you enjoyed the polka dot mug and the tea. I love that tea - it's one of my favorites!

Warmest,

Lee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home