Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday...

Today was an extremely busy day...

Finished all the sorting of boxes and things...now all that is left to do is vacuum and sweep and mop the bathroom and kitchen floors.

Dropped off a bunch of writing books at the local new/used book store...and picked up a couple books - one by James Patterson and another by David Best - an author that I never heard of before.

It has been difficult going through some of mother's things - like jewelry. Did find some cute little embroidered handkerchiefs that she used to love - so, I've decided to wash and iron them - then frame them for my sister, daughter, and self.

To tell you how hectic things have been - I totally forgot my sister's birthday - it was Saturday and we even talked to each other that day. It's hell getting old!

Edited by Sara:

Mother is just fine - she is happy and well at the nursing home...I didn't realize this sounded as if she might not be - thanks, Janet, for sort of pointing that out.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Did I miss something, Sara?

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Sara said...

No, No...I just haven't had the time or the inclination to re-arrange the bedroom mom was in - and there are things that she can't have in the Nursing home. So, I've been trying to get in there and get things organized. That includes papers - all that kind of stuff...

Mom is fine...still doing well at the Nursing Home...

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I like the idea of framing the handkerchiefs.

Glad to know your mom is doing good.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger quiltmom anna said...

Sara,
I have some jewellry that my mother in law does not wear any longer in her care facility. She has Alzheimer's and I knew that she would be missing having some sparkly things so I made a texture quilt. I found the pattern on adventures of a quilting diva blogspot. last fall sometime.
It turned out quite well and I think that she enjoys patting it. The quilt is just large squares of lots of different textures and has a fleece backing.
I am sure that your mom would want someone to enjoy wearing the pretty pieces that she had in her collection.
I have pieces from my grandmother and wear them often - it makes me feel closer to her( she is gone from this world but lives on in my heart) Her things remind me of all her stories and gifts that she shared with me. I think that the hankies framed sound lovely.
Regards,
Anna

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Pat said...

I"m glad you have accomplished your goals during your spring cleaning. The idea for the pretty hankies is a good one.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

We've been so busy my husband has had to completely step in and do things he's never been asked to do before- kind of nice he's seeing my side for a change!! Of course, it's only because I haven't had the time to do things since everything seems to get scheduled at the same moment in time around here...

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

I, too, like the idea of framing the hankerchiefs.

It is hard to go through her things, I'm sure, but I, too, am glad to hear things are going well at the nursing home.

It's so funny that you have lived in the places that I talked about on my blog! I'm glad it brought back wonderful memories for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home