Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I'm in a mood...

I have no idea what is going on - but, I actually woke up thinking today would be a good day to rearrange the pantry...

Yep, that's what I'm doing! Had no idea there were at least eight Mac and Cheeses in there! I may not be seeing that on the grocery list for quite a while...

So, thought I would take a five minute break and tell you how proud I am of myself. Yes, I am.

Last night for dinner I fixed lamb chops for the very first time. My neighbor gave me four beautiful lamb chops - and they could not be re-frozen - so, all of them were baked with a little salt, pepper and 8 cloves of garlic. My house smelled marvelous! Since they were quite big - I shared two with Scarlett and Elizabeth and one with Pat, my knitting buddy, who had a bad day at work and didn't need to go home and cook.

They were very good - tender and tasty! Enjoyed my meal and I will fix them again!

Now it's back to the pantry!!! Isn't Spring Cleaning FUN!

(I'll catch up on my e-mails later today or tomorrow!!!)

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Janet said...

mmm, mac & cheese, love it!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

I love lamb chops but Dale doesn't care for them so I don't get to have them unless I order them at a restaurant. I bet yours were delicious!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Barb said...

don't think I have ever cooked lamb chops either.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Janet said...

You just mentioned two of my hubby's favorite things....mac and cheese and lamb chops! Maybe not together but he loves them! Since I don't eat meat he can have them all!!

I need to organize my food cabinets, too but not today. I'm playing in the studio again.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You can never have too much mac n cheese! The lamb chops sounded delicious, never tried them myself.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I love organization, but it seems like I don't keep it organized and all of a sudden it needs to be organized again. I have a great recipe for moroccean glazed lamb chops if you're interested. let me know and i'll email it to you.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Uh....gee...this is a VERY busy week for me and I don't really have time to re-organize anything OR cook, so maybe you and your cooking and cleaning mood would like to come HERE? hehehe

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger amy said...

MMM.... I was just contemplating getting some lamb chops. But we've been trying to eat everything in the freezer/cupboards before stocking up again. Which has led to some pretty, ah, interesting suppers.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

We've been doing a ton of spring cleaning here, it feels so good to get through it all. I've never cooked lamb but lately I've been thinking I might give it a try.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Dorothy said...

Take a picture! I did my pantry a while back and found that I had 4 boxes of triscuits and 8 toothbrushes! It's nice to have it tidy so I can see what I have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home