Monday, April 06, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook...

FOR TODAY April 6, 2009

Outside my window...raining. It has been raining all day and the wind is brutal. It's not a very pretty day.

I am thinking... how wonderful it is to be with like-minded people. I so enjoyed my week-end with people who knit and spin...

I am thankful for... family and friends. It was good to hear from my daughter today. And, it felt wonderful knowing I could go away for a week-end and my cat would be well taken care of by my friends.

From the kitchen... Tonight's dinner will be black tipped shark steak broiled with lemon, salt and pepper, some small baked potatoes, and some sort of veggie...probably corn.

I am wearing... turquoise sweat pants, a tee shirt and no shoes or socks. The pants are warm and take the chill off.

I am creating... a quilt - still working on the challenge quilt. But, am also knitting some nice socks.

I am going... to accept that my mother is really happy at the nursing home. It has been difficult with her not recognizing me. The nurses say she is always happy and smiling and even though she doesn't recognize them by name she still enjoys being with those who care for her

I am reading... All the Pretty Girls by J.T. Ellison. It is a murder mystery and pretty good.

I am hoping...that this rain does not cause any flooding in our area. The last several years have brought floods in which people lost homes and lives...and it always seems to be in April or early May.

I am hearing... the refrigerator running...other than that it is absolutely quiet here.

Around the house... plan to hang a bunch of photos and pictures this week. I am trying to make my home more of a home.

One of my favorite things... is going for a short walk each day. Can't wait for nicer weather so that I can enjoy all of it.

A few plans for the rest of the week: paying bills, catching up on my filing, and giving the house a nice spring cleaning...


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Some lovely flowers on my dining room table. I love fresh flowers - so, I usually treat myself at the grocery store.

This is a tablecloth I embroidered a long time ago. It has been sitting in a box with my linens - along with a couple other table clothes that I have done. I think it is time to use them!

You can read other entries or join us here


Labels:

5 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Beth Dargis said...

Wow, that looks like it took a lot of time and work to embroider the tablecloth. Lovely!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Yes...USE that tablecloth!!! It's very pretty and too nice to be boxed up and not seeing the light of day.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

beautiful tablecloth!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Your dinner sounds delicious!

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Ce said...

I have to agree with the others--that tablecloth is gorgeous and should be put to use!!

I think store-bought flowers are something everyone should treat themselves to regularly too.

Spring is such a great motivator for cleaning and making home feel more like "home." :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home