Monday, March 30, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook...



FOR TODAY March 30, 2009

Outside my window... the sky is very gray and it is raining. There isn't much light coming in my big living room window. But, I noticed that the trees outside have these neat drops of water just hanging on them. It was so pretty.

I am thinking... that I want to cut back on some of the quilting groups that I attend and make the ones I do more meaningful.

I am thankful for... the fact that I am feeling much, much better. I don't think I want to go through that again.

From the kitchen... Today is the last day of mushing the ingredients before baking the Amish Friendship Bread. I know it will be really good.

I am wearing... a purple top, blue lounge pants with moons and stars on them, and pink socks.

I am creating... my challenge quilt. The fabrics are so pretty!

I am going... to pay a couple of bills and write some thank you notes today.

I am reading... Dewey - The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron with Bret Witter.

I am hoping... for a nice week-end. Want to go be with friends and spend some time knitting.

I am hearing... The Grateful Dead singing on The View. I was never a fan of theirs. But, then I wasn't a real fan of the Beatles until I was older...

Around the house... the floors still need vacuuming and there are quite a few pictures that need to be hung on the walls.

One of my favorite things... is the rice pudding in my refrigerator. It tastes so good!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Since the 1st of the month falls on Wednesday, I need to pay my monthly bills; bake the Amish Friendship bread, re-arrange the freezer, and getting my knitting together for Saturday so I can get help with one of my patterns.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
This is a friend of mine's cat - his name is Murderface...and for some reason he just has wormed his way into my heart just from the blog posts his mom posts and the great photos she takes of him.

To read more daybook entries or to participate, go here.
This is something new to me - but, it gives me a chance to reflect on things and to share a little more of myself with you. Let me know what you think...

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Ce said...

Sara,
I'm glad you decided to join in the daybook exercise today (I got the comment you left on my blog yesterday and I came looking to see if you wrote an entry for today!). It's a fun way to examine life and focus on what really matters, I think.
Rice pudding is one of our favorites around here too. It sounds like you have your hands full with quilting. My hat's off to you -- I've made just 2 quilts and they both exhausted me!!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Janet said...

You are colorful today!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Pat said...

This is very interesting. I may have to give this one some thought. (Of course, you know I rarely get any of the other ones done!) I love that photo of the cat. WHY does he have that rather unusual name???

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Mmmm amish friendship bread, that's good stuff! I just had rice pudding for the first time over the weekend, very tasty!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Janet said...

After just one photo I think I'm in love with that cat!

I like the idea of the daybook and I might try it later....right now I'm just trying to "keep my head above water" with all the classes I've signed up for!! That's also why you haven't seen me around much lately.

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger LINDA BYLSMA said...

Very meaningful and touching.

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger amy said...

That's my kitty! This is the same picture that I'm using for my computer's desktop :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home