Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Ten on Tuesday...



10 Least Liked Foods

1) Green Peas - I can't stand green peas. I remember getting into trouble in the third grade - Miss Smith (lordy, she was older than dirt) sent me to the office because I wouldn't eat my "greeny greens"!

2) Exotic foods - you know like chocolate covered spiders, goat, etc. - I mean I don't think I would be rude and offend anyone if I were traveling in some strange land and they invited me to dinner. But the chances of that are slim to none!

3) Spicy Buffalo Wings or anything really spicy or curried food. My tummy can't take it.

4) Bread and Butter or Sweet Pickles - I only eat Dill Pickles!

5) Eggplant - the thought makes me think of when I was little and my grandmother used to make it - she would fry it and we would eat it with maple syrup on top. I might could eat it that way - but any other way - NAH...

6) Okra - never, never, never. I feel really safe in saying that I will NEVER eat okra.

7) Raw onion - I can't eat raw onion - but, if it is cooked I can handle it!!! Isn't that weird?

8) Lima Beans - oh - no! And, when they ruin my corn by putting lima beans in it - then I get really upset.

9) Feta Cheese - Don't care for the taste of it.

10) Tofu - I have to be honest and say that I have tried it - and I don't like it. It was part of several meals in Hawaii. Then I went on a writers retreat with a group of vegetarians and if I wanted to eat - there was tofu...seven days of that and I was over tofu!

You can play here!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I think I could eat almost all of your least favorite foods happily. Well,maybe except for the lima beans. I don't hate them, but they certainly wouldn't be my pick of vegetables. Now, okra? Love love love love it..but only fried. I can hardly wait for summer. About the only part of it I like is fried okra LOL. Tofu? I only know I've had it in a Chinese place here. I thought it was chicken and liked it. But I've never fixed it. And feta...ohhhh yum! Even if my friend calls it 'foot cheese' cause she thinks it smells like dirty feet. And after I eat all your least favorite foods, I'll give you all my fish/seafood unless it came from Long John Si*vers. :-)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Terri S said...

LOL!! I love peas!! Lima beans too. I can eat tofu, and okra, but I probably would never ask for it. I'm actually quite an adventurous eater, unlike the rest of my family!! Don't think I'd eat an insect though, chocolate covered or not!!

I don't like oysters, but other than that, I can't really think of anything else I just plain don't like, right off the top of my head!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Pat said...

I have some of the same dislikes as you....but I"m okay with lima beans (although I only like them in soup or with another vegetable...not by themselves. And I will eat sweet pickles. My problem with this list is that I'd have to list way more than 10 foods I don't like!!!

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Lima beans, okra, exotic foods, eggplant, and feta cheese would definitly be on my list of yuck!!!
I love most pickles, but dill are by far the best.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I used to hide my lima beans in the napkin in my lap and then made my brother stand up with his mouth open and toss in the lima beans LOL!

Eggplant and maple syrup...interesting!

and...I'll be more than happy to have all your share of the Bread and Butter pickles!

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Erica said...

I want to know where they ruin your corn with lima beans, cos as much as I enjoy them, I don;t think I'd enjoy that!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Knit Witch said...

I can only agree with okra and honestly I need to give that another try as an adult. Everything else - YUM!! Well, except for the chicken wings since I am a vegetarian but bring on the spicy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home