Saturday, April 11, 2009

Yarny goodness...

Last weekend was spent at a knitting and spinning retreat. (More about that in the next few days). It was a wonderful three days with people who knew what you were talking about when you mentioned that you dropped a stitch - or that your spinning wheel was acting funny.

Of course, there was the trip into Sue's store, HodgePodge Yarns. I have been on a very strict yarn diet this year and using up my yarn stash. My rules were that I could buy some yarn if it was at a retreat, Sheep and Wool Festival, and on vacation.

So, I bought this:
The yarn is Linares. Made in Chile. It is the most beautiful subtle shades of the ocean that I've ever seen. Soft, soft! 55% cotton and 45% Viscose and 229 yards per skein. The color is 505 and the Dye lot 30120101 (in case you are interested)

And, this is what is going to be made from it:

From the current (May 2009) issue of Creative Knitting (page 51). It's all about LACE, too.

I don't talk about knitting magazines very often but I have to say this has been the best knitting magazine that I have ever subscribed to. There are always four or five things in each issue that I want to make. Glad it doesn't expire until May 2010!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger LINDA BYLSMA said...

Oooooooooooooo, so nice. You have such restraint!. Here I sit with a store full of yarn, and boxes of stash yarns, and I have to buy something every time I go in a shop!
How can they keep designing new yarns like that? It's just like quilting fabric. It never ends.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

What beautiful yarn! I just want to touch it, it looks sooooo soft!
Love the lace pattern.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Even though I'm not a knitter (can crochet better and can knit a tiny bit), I still appreciate the yarns and the beautiful things others make. This looks very nice and even looks super-soft in the photo!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Sara, You've inspired me, I've been doing some spring cleaning!! I think I'm going to adopt your idea for making purchases when it comes to fabric - I have enough to keep me busy for several years I think and it's time to complete some things before buying more, with the exceptions you mentioned!! Have a happy Easter. By the way, did someone teach you to knit or did you teach yourself, it's something I've always wanted to try.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That yarn is beautiful!
I've been thinking lace lately too. Just need to figure out what lace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home