Monday, April 13, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook: April 13, 2009



For Today: April 13, 2009

Outside my window... the weather is trying to make up its mind as to whether remain winter or allow spring to come on down!

I am thinking... how fortunate I am to have so many friends that care about me. A lot of people don't have that.

I am thankful for... the interests I have that keep me going and keep me feeling alive!

From the kitchen...
Monday night - Dinner out on the way to quilting - maybe BBQ (been trying to get there for three weeks now).
Tuesday: Liver and Onions, baked potato, and corn
Wednesday: Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Thursday: Ham Steak, sweet potatoes, asparagus
Friday: Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato sandwich, homemade french fries
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Salad

I am wearing... jeans, dog tee-shirt, and no shoes or socks.

I am creating... a project for a giveaway...

I am going... to my quilt guild meeting tonight. It is always such fun to be with people that I like. It is a small guild and we really care about each other.

I am reading... The Friday Night Knitting Club: Knit Two by Kate Jacobs

I am hoping... for spring to arrive full blast. This winter has been a long hard one...and I am ready to see some of the earth's beauty popping up.

I am hearing... Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits in the background. It's wonderful to be able to listen to music that you know all the words to. Guess that's why my cd collection is mostly Oldies and Country. But, not the new country - I don't care for some of the young girls that are performing now.

Around the house... it is still spring cleaning. And, organizing - I just want to be able to put my hands on things when I want them...

One of my favorite things... is cuddling with a book on a gloomy day. Almost spent yesterday reading - but, I was good and did other things.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finishing up my spring cleaning; having Scarlett and Elizabeth over for dinner on Friday night (they like BLT's and the thought of homemade french fries was the kicker!); knit and quilt.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
Aren't they adorable? I was taking a photo of the two alpacas when the one by the door stuck his head out to see what was happening. It was just too cute. I really have grown fond of alpacas.
You can read other Daybooks or Join us here!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Oh...I LOVE the alpaca photo. I also love BLT's and homemade French fries....too bad I live too far away or I'd make a dessert and join you on Friday!!! LOL

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Another good list with many things I can relate to....and the photo is cute! They have such interesting faces.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I am SO coming over for dinner on Tuesday!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh they are cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home