Saturday, March 11, 2006

A Hat...

I am knitting a hat. Sure, now that winter is damn near over I've decided to knit a hat. Hey, at least I will be ready for next winter which usually arrives long before I am quite ready for it. I am following the instructions I received from Dave. Using Wool-Ease in a color called Blue Mist. It is the yarn Scarlett picked out for a hat - but the pattern she likes calls for sport weight yarn - and this is worsted weight. I can proudly say it is turning out wonderfully! Didn't get a lot done only knit while I watched the new show "Top Chef", which I think might be added to our weekly viewing schedule.

Dave also was explaining how he knits both pairs of socks or mittens at the same time...that is not how I have been doing it and I think I am going to give that a try. I do not use those little nasty double pointed needles - I actually knit on circular needles using the magic loop way of knitting socks. (You can knit mittens the same way). So, next trip to the yarn shop will mean an additional circular needle in a 3 and 5.

Off to a party for Scarlett's work tonight. It is the annual holiday party - but, one will note that it is held in March this year. Last year it was in January...seems everyone wants to have a party - but have too much going on at the holidays. Works for me..

1 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'm going to stay tuned for this and see how you do. Post some pics, too, ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home