Friday, August 25, 2006

Hitting the streets...

I have never much been into yard sales or garage sales - or whatever they chose to call them. Then I saw where Jen always has such luck finding yarns...I even e-mailed her and teased her that I wanted to go with them...

But, a few weeks ago, there was a huge estate sale right up the street from the house...and guess what I found...YARN...guess I gotta quit bitchin' that I never find yarn...not only did I find yarn - but wonderfully kept and extremely clean yarn. Most in their original bags.


The above photo shows some cotton yarns (partial skeins), knitting needls, the light blue is a Shetland wool, - the beige skeins are also a cotton.

Twelve skeins of a linen, rayon and acrylic. Very neutral color...but soft to the touch...

Eight wonderful skeins of 100% silk yarn...oh, it is wonderful...

And last but not least 5 skeins - 440 yards each - of Shetland wool. I don't know much about shetland wool - guess I had better do some research. The color is different but a very pretty green.

And, the total cost for all the lovelies: $5.00 - yes, you are reading that right...

7 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Incredible haul, Sara! Good for you. :)

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice little haul you have. You know, if there are colors you don't like, it can always be dyed...

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Good find! I never luck out at yard sales either.

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!

Excellent find!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Bugsy said...

Wow! What a bargain! Good Job!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Bring on the cuffs Barney she has been out robbing people!

Incredible stuff, I also tend to dismiss that as an avenue to find yarn.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lucky you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home