Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Summer Reading - Book 6

Title: My Life In & Out of the Rough...the truth behind all that bull.... you think you know about me...

By: John Daly with Glen Waggoner

Number of Pages: 208

I really enjoyed this book. First of all, I am a big golf fan. Not only do I enjoy playing but I love being at a real live tournament. I got my start writing as a magazine writer for a sports magazine. I started by covering golf and tennis - mostly the LPGA...and the Ladies Legends of Tennis. And, I also got a chance to cover some of the PGA when it came to our state.

John Daly has always interested me...he is one of golf's bad boys and there is always something about bad boys that we all like.

Throughout this book he makes it clear that he had problems and that he has worked on them. He enjoyed his affair with Jack Daniels; he talks about his visits to rehabs, his gambling, and his temper which caused him to beat up hotel rooms, houses and cars...he is talks openly about his four marriages...and about his up and down career as a professional golfer.

All, in all, it was a good read and I enjoyed learning about the behind-the-scenes of both his life and tour life.

**************************

A special thank you to Amanda of Amanda reads and Kat for sponsoring the two Summer Reading Programs I joined. I met my goal for both...which I thought I wouldn't...but, most importantly, it reminded me how much I really enjoy settling in with a good book. I am going to try to keep up with my reading and read at least one book a month - but hopefully more.

Edited by Sara: This is my last book for a total of 6 books and 1,936 pages. I did meet my bonus which was to read 3 non-fiction books...

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You met your goal. That is awesome.

I may be a day late sending out your package, but it will be there soon!

Your FCS Pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home