Saturday, September 02, 2006

My Bitchin' Mittens...

My friend, Dave proposed a wonderful challenge this summer...you can read all about here. But, I'll fill you in on the details - create a pair of mittens as art ... they did not have to be wearable...
(that's the short version...)

So, here is what I created....


I decided to try my hand at crazy quilting...first I created a block 15" of crazy quilting...then I cut out the mittens...from there I did my crazy quilting stitches, added beads and buttons, some lace...and played with embroidery and embroidery stitched. I then appliqued the mittens on to a black square - 12-1/2" square...using a buttonhole stitch...then I sandwiched it and made it a quilt...which I hand quilted.

So, Ladies and Gentlemen: my entry into Bitchin' Mittens!

7 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
These are Beautiful! I love them! I love quilts, and you know I am a big fan of Tristan's work - and these mittens just knock me out! Thank you for joining Bitchin' Mittens and adding your quilting expertise!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Your mittens are beautiful!! What a great idea.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Sara,
That is such a great entry..You should be very proud of what you pulled together for the contest.

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are really crative, which was the point behind the whole challenge. And now you have a piece of art work out of it, too.
WONDERFUL!

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Sprite said...

Oh Wow!, Sara!! Those are so dang creative and cool! What a great idea you came up with... and then went the extra mile with the beads and lace. I'd really love to see a close up picture of them!!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Ulla said...

YOU ARE A WINNER

CONGRATULATIONS

ULLA IN THE NORTH OF SWEDEN

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Congrats Sara! They are just wonderful. You must be so proud..at least you should be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home