Tuesday, November 14, 2006

100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall...

Coors! The name says it all...Upon arriving at the plant, you are given a wrist band and your hand is stamped with the word "beer"! That wrist band and stamp allows the world to know that you get to enjoy 3 beverages of your choice at the end of the tour.Have no idea what they do in the above room...but it looked impressive. What I can tell you I remember the most was the smell of the hops! It was a very pungent smell. The bottom photo shows the kettles where the beer is brewed and where things are fermented to make the beer.
This would be at the entrance to the plant - and from what I saw it was "the place" to have one's photo taken...but that huge vat thing is what is in the photo above.

The one thing I really loved was that "Mrs. Coors" (like the original one) decided that the plant should be a beautiful place in which to work - so there are tons of gardens plus hot houses and each lobby or public place has gorgeous bouquets and floral arrangements of beautiful flowers...

Tada - the prize at the end of the tour! A chance to relax in the Lounge - now that is nice. Small tables in one huge room complete with a large bar at one end. So we were ready...We each began with a beer...well, I don't like beer! And, guess what, Coors didn't change my mind...still don't like beer...and this was good beer...don't get me wrong...and COLD...the only way I would ever drink beer if I liked it...
On my second trip up - I just asked for a Pepsi and the bartender asked if I wanted something else and I told him I wasn't wild about beer...so, being the nice guy that he was - he offered to give me a sample of his very favorite drink...also made at Coors...Zima Hard Orange... Next trip up - guess what I had!!!! Oh, yea...that stuff could be very addictive! Tastes just like Orange Crush Soda...Scarlett checked it out ... and she thought it was okay, too...
So, after a nice trip to Golden and Coors - we headed back to the bus stop and headed back to Denver! It was a nice way to spend a day! Oh, and by the way, the tour at Coors is free to the public...

4 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Gerry said...

OMG, what memories this brings back. I had no idea they were still doing the tours of the brewery. How fun. It's wonderful to see your photos and say, "I've been there!" Thanks so much for the walk down memory lane.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Ann said...

I am not a beer drinker either...it has to be really cold...and about two beers make me goofy...I would be soooooooo into that orange stuff...

:o)

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how fun!! I love those pictures. I hate beer too, I was never any fun in highschool cuz I was always the designated driver haha!! I would think it would be neat however to tour the Coors plant. My dad likes Coors! Looks like you had fun!

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Sprite said...

LOL @ Ann... I with you both on that Orange Stuff.... better keep me away, I'm a big enough goon on sugar! Lordy.. add alcohol and..well, you know the saying .. don't drink and think. *winks* (oh wait.. was that drink responsibly??)

Great Trip, Sara! Great pictures!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home