Monday, November 13, 2006

Livin' in the Wild Wild West...

About a 45 minute bus ride and at the end of the line...is Golden, Colorado. Now, this is the wild, wild west...in case any one were to forget that at one time there were gunslingers and wild buffalo in Colorado...Golden will remind you. No big skyscrappers...just mountains and a pretty town.

This cast iron buffalo graced the front of the bar where we had lunch - and it was a stately bar...complete with a huge mahagony bar that ran the length of the building and beams and mirrors on the back wall (they didn't allow photography) and a great dance floor...


So, we each had our "tourist" photo next to the buffalo....then we looked down Main Street


As we crossed the bridge there was this lovely little park...with great art. I am a big fan of art in public places - and these fish were exceptional.


But, lest we forget - Golden is known for one other thing...Beer!!! Well, not just any beer - COORS beer...so off we went to visit the brewery...and learn the history of Coors.

4 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Deb R said...

I love this post title because I used to LOVE that song and hadn't thought of it in years. Now it's in my head! :-)

Lovin' your trip pics and descriptions!

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.
That's all I can say.
Wow.
Golden...

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Ohhhhhhhhh that place is calling my name big time..thanks for sharing the photos!

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Sprite said...

Very Cool! I do think I need a tour of Colorado... haven't been in years, and I totally missed all that! (Ok, but I did see a LOT of the airport! lol)

Great pictures .. sounds like such a fun time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home