Tuesday, January 23, 2007

CaC: Best and Worst...

1. What's the best place you ever lived? the worst?

Best: This is really a tough question...It is difficult to choose between Tampa, FL and here in New Hampshire...but, I am going to say New Hampshire. I have always wanted to live in New England! From the time I was 18 and visited the area...I just never took action and moved. I have grown a lot here...I love the four seasons. I love the peacefulness. I love the lack of traffic. I love being able to be outdoors. And, most of all, I love the friends I've made here.

Worst: None - I've only lived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Puerto Rico; Tampa, Florida; Jonesborough, Tennessee; and Claremont, New Hampshire. They have all had their good and bad memories.

2. What's the best place you ever visited on holiday/vacation? the worst?

Best: Even though I have been to many places on holiday...my favorite vacation was at
Cayo Costa State Park. Actually, it was a birthday present for Scarlett and we stayed on the island for a long week-end. It was very primitive but gorgeous with the only access being a ferry that dropped you off and picked you up. Once on the island, the rangers took you to your campsite via a truck. The beach was right there! We stayed in a yurt (check out the photos)...and had to hang our food from a tree so the wild pigs would not get it. It was just one of the most natural, unspoiled places around. We had a really nice time there.

Worst: Going to Haiti. The poverty was unbelieveable. I didn't have a nice time there at all. No only were the small children begging all the time - but, I didn't feel safe.

3. What's the best job you ever had? the worst?

Best: I've liked all my jobs except one...Each job presented it's own challenges and excitement.

Worst: Working as a waitress at Waffle House - I lasted one night! Need I say more!!!

4. What's your best talent or ability? your worst?

Best: The ability to see the best in people and to trust people. And, I am a very good friend to those I care about as friends...may not always keep in close contact - but I am there if you need me!

Worst: Procrastination. I work best under self-inflicted pressure...what can I say...

5. What's the best decision you ever made? the worst?

Best: To have a child and rear her to the best of my ability. She is a wonderful young woman who has grown into a great person.

Worst: None - I have learned from all of my mistakes...and I would not be the person I am today had I not experienced life and made decisions that were both good and bad.

Bonus (so we can end on a positive note!): What's one good thing about you that isn't covered in the questions above, but that you'd like to share with the world?

As a 18-year-old college student, I allowed my best friend to talk me into running for Latin Fiesta Queen. Yvonne was the current queen and she thought because of my Spanish/French heritage I should run. While I did not win - it was truly an interesting experience and I got to learn a lot about my Hispanic background.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I particularly liked what you said about your mistakes. I have said this often; EVERY single thing in your past, both good and bad, has contributed to making you the person you are today.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

Thanks for telling a little bit about you. I love your answers for number 5.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Deb R said...

I'm so glad you did this one! I loved reading your answers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home