Monday, March 05, 2007

Diner Food...

If there is a diner around, I'll be there! Have no idea what it is about diner food - but, I love it! And, here in New England, there is no shortage of diners...believe me...I've eaten at most of them. But this is the one I frequent the most...
DaddyPops Tumble Inn Diner in downtown. The building behind it is the Moody Building. I'll share with you about that some other time. Every time I go there I have the exact same thing - whether it is first thing in the morning or near closing time at 2 PM...2 eggs over medium, the best homemade fried potatoes, rye toast, cranberry juice, and hot cocoa...all for the grand sum of $5.00 including a 20% tip. I mean how can one go wrong...plus they have become friends...and it is kind of neat when they know you well enough to start getting it ready when you walk in the door.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger DebbieKnitter said...

mmm YUMMO, I LOVE diner food....my FAVORITE, is artery ladden roast beef sandwich with gravy and toasted!!!

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There really is something special about diner food. I love it, too!

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diner food is awesome! Especially for breakfast. We have a small diner here in town that is a former train caboose - it's very small, but it is a lot of fun.

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Love diner food! I once did a short stint as a waitress in one in a small rural town. Loved the 'specials'. No substitutions. As the cook said, "I'm not your wife. You eat what I cook and keep your mouth shut." Of course, it was the only place in town to get a meal so most did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home