Saturday, March 03, 2007

My Corner of the World...


New Hampshire is where I reside...and too be honest I have had a love for New England all my life...and it took me a while to get here. I live in Claremont...it is a city (we don't have many cities) and sometimes you can find it on maps and other times you can't. Claremont is situated between Keene to the south and Lebanon to the north. The Vermont line is 5 miles from my house. Concord (our capital) and Manchester (our Queen City) are 1-1/2 hours and two hours away. Boston is 2-1/2-3 hours (sometimes more, sometimes less) depending on traffic...and when I want to see the ocean I head for Portsmouth which is two hours east. Within 45 minutes I can be in three marvelous ski resorts!

Just outside of Lebanon is Hanover, home to Dartmouth College. I love Hanover and love to browse the stores (especially the Dartmouth Book Store) and the Hood Museum.

If I head right up the Interstate I can be in Canada (Montreal) in three hours and Quebec City in five.

To the east of me is Newport (where there is a yarn shop), Sunapee (a ski resort and lake area for summer swimming), and New London where Scarlett works.

I tend to spend most of my time in Claremont and Vermont...my quilting class is in White River Junction...and I have two yarn shops in that direction...

I sort of wanted to give you an idea of where I live...as in the future I intend to show you my corner of the world as I take you out and about the area...

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

I am looking forward to the ride. I always wanted to go to New England. Back in the 70s my Dad was a big land owner and builder in New England. I don't know much about it because we were not talking when he died. I just have heard stories about it.

 
At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You live in one of the most beautiful places around! I have a friend in West Lebanon and I love having an excuse to visit her and then spending a day puttering around Vermont.

 
At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for telling us about your corner of the world. I think New Hampshire must be one of the most beautiful places in the USA - if I'll ever make it to the States again, then I'd so love to visit it as well as the rest of New England!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

I've never been to your corner of the world but envy that you live so close to Montreal, where my childhood began. I love it there. Interesting post, I am quite surprised there is a place called Lebanon near where you are.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Ohhh nice! I love seeing where other people live! And you live in such a great place.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a nice description of your area. I absolutely LOVE White River Junction. It doesn't get any more artsy New England as it is there.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Digitalgran said...

Since I have been chatting to people on the Internet I have been learning slowly about different places and I find it so interesting. I have yet to know where people live from the letters at the bottom of their addresses, the one I do know of course is NY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home