Friday, March 23, 2007

One Less Hat to Wear...

Can anyone say "beat the dog"? - not that I would - but, I truly thought about it the other day. Miss Isis Dreamweaver was suddenly very, very quiet. That usually only means one thing - she's into something...
I know she looks like a perfect little angel...but, there are days...

Searching for her led me to her crate with her inside along with my "ugly" knit hat...everyone jokes about the hat...and says it's ugly - but, I loved that hat.
It was my very first knit hat from a trillion years ago when I first started knitting - it wasn't even done in the round - and had a seam up the back, two nice rows of cabling, and a large circle at the top of my head because I refused to put a pom-pom on the hat. (I'm just not a pom-pom kind of girl)...and now it is gone!!! Huge holes eaten into the hat by Isis!!!
It a darn good thing it is Spring - cause I'll need from now until winter comes to knit another hat!!!
I'm looking for a pattern so if you care to share the name of your favorite and where it can be found or bought let me know...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

He probably did it out of Love ... and thought you really did need a new hat. Sometimes we just need to let go and this time it'll be a beautiful hat, LOL. Happy knitting!

BTW, I'm orginally from NH and fortunately I'm not too far away & can visit when I get homesick for the country.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger jennhx said...

So sad to bid farewell to an old, well-loved project... But perhaps you'll love whatever new hat you make even more...?

There's a HUGE list of many hats here:
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/hats.php

I really like the Odessa Hat from MagKnits:
http://www.magknits.com/feb06/patterns/odessa.htm
Maybe without the beads though.

HUGS!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home