Monday, May 28, 2007

A Year of Simple Things...Week 12

Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches! These are for sure out of my past! When I was in high school, my mother and grandmother would give me 50 cents a day for lunch (hey, it was 45 years ago - when I was in the 10th grade!).

I soon learned that for 15 cents peanut butter, banana and bread were available for a lunch sandwich...which left me with 35 cents each day to enjoy a soda and chips on the walk home with friends...

Such a simple life back then...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

That's so funny, my Mom had one of these every morning she visited! They're so wonderful aren't they?

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

It's so good to see you posting! I never got into the PB and B sandwiches. Don't do the pnut butter thing. But, my kids do!

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I LOVE peanut butter and banana sandwiches! My mother used to make them for us as kids and I still eat them. They're especially good on toast.

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's one of my favorite sandwiches! I like to put a little honey on there too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home