Monday, April 30, 2007

Cha...Cha...Changes...

There are some major changes happening in my life at the present time. The biggest is that my Mother and I are moving. Actually, we signed on some new digs on Friday. While Scarlett and I continue to remain friends, we felt that the time was right for each of us to go our own way.

Mother and I found a wonderful two bedroom apartment about 4/10ths of a mile from where we currently live. The apartment has been totally renovated due to the fact that the last person who lived there was there for 18 years without much being done. Plans are in the works to move everything over on Saturday, May 5th.

The apartment has a great living room and an open kitchen which looks into the living room. Both the living room and my bedroom look out onto the main entrance while Mother's bedroom window overlooks the golf course. Some great closet space and a nice bathroom complete the apartment.

As many of you know Mother suffers from a form of dementia and in finding a place to live I was careful to be sure that her routine would be pretty close to the same. The bus trip to her day out program will follow the same route and we do not have to make any changes to her physician or other medical care that she receives.

Killian, the cat, will be moving with us. Isis Dreamweaver, the dog, will be staying with Scarlett and Zac as she and Zac are tied at the hip. It would be horrific to tear them apart.

My posting and reading of blogs and mail may be a little curtailed these next few weeks due to the fact that I need to pack!!! And, then I have to get my internet connected up...Know I am safe - just up to neck in boxes!!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

I hope everything goes super smooth and that this changes brings a fresh breeze into your life.

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Cookie said...

Happy Safe Move!

*hugs*

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Big virtual hugs to sustain you through the changes! I hope you'll find the new digs comfortable and happy!

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds perfect! Congratulations!

*hugs*

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
That just goes to show you that you're never too old for new beginnings. And I should know!

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you were able to find a place so perfect for you and your mother. It sounds like a great place.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Congratulations on the new abode....you are going to have a blast making things just so!

<3

Ann

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Sounds like a great place for you & your Mom. Good luck with the move. A manila bubble envelope going out in the mail today for you at the old place. ;-)

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Suzie Ridler said...

I am very happy for you Sara, this sounds like it has all sorts of positive repercussions which is wonderful. You sound very inspired!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Oh I am so excited for you and your Mom. Nesting is such fun and since it's a blank slate you'll have a great time making it reflect the wonderful you.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Congrats on your new digs. It will be nice with just the two of you sharing an apartment. I wish you a flawless move without a break of any kind!Enjoy your new space.
Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home