Sunday, April 22, 2007

I am Honored...


I have been honored with the Thinking Blog Award. And, I do mean honored. Deb over at Red Shoes Rambling:365 Days of Art has chosen to pass this award on to me. In case you don't know Deb or read her blog Red Shoes Rambling, she is a fantastic fiber artist, quilter, and photographer and has long been an inspiration to me.


Part of the deal is to pass along this award to five blogs that inspire me and make me think...and while this has been a difficult decision to narrow it down to five, I have managed to do so...

1. Dave at Cabin Cove. Dave truly has inspired me to stretch my limits with my knitting, quilting, and photography. His work, especially his photography, can leave you breathless. He has an eye for color that others only wish they had and the yarns that he dyes just burst with vibrant color. He continually challenges us to look at the world around us through his photography. Truly, he is an artist...plus he has the most wonderful and beautiful cat, Miss Lulu.

2. Ann at Wandering Cyberspace from the Cornfields. Ann is willing to try and take on new challenges and learn new things not only with her knitting and quilting but also with her life. She truly inspires those who are just a tad bit afraid of "taking that step" into doing it...from her humor filled posts about her belly dancing classes to learning how to knit her first sweater not only keep you laughing but encourage you to do something that you've always wanted to do.

3. Pat at Gatherings. Pat inspires because not only is she most creative but she willingly shares her knowledge with anyone. Her crazy quilts will take your breath away...and she is always (it seems) reaching new heights with her creativity. Additionally, she has the most inspiring garden and walks that she and her Mom take on the shore which she shares with all of us.

4. Erica at Stitch Witch. Erica just inspires by being who she is! And, she does make one think! She knits, quilts, reads and just "lives" life. She actually talks about books like they were her best friends (and oh, I can so relate to that)...She and her blog are just a joy!

5. Susan at Red Dirt Knitter. Susan inspires because she is "the glass is always half full" type person. People need people like Susan in their lives...the kind that think of others! She has a great sense of humor, loves to knit, and quilt...and just live life...

So, there you go...these blogs have been with me since I started blogging a year ago...but all the blogs on my list in my sidebar inspire me...I don't read blogs that don't inspire me...or make me think...or help me be more creative...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats Sara!! Ohhh thanks for the list of inspiring blogs, I LOVE new blogs and always am amazed at the creativity people have.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Awww...Sara that is so sweet of you to say!

I feel very honored to be in the same listing with the Mayor of Cabin Cove. When I was a fledgling blogger Dave gave me lots of good advice.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Sara you are making me blush, goodness! Thanks for tagging me, you are so sweet and I love reading your blog too.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Deb R said...

I'm so behind on reading blogs that I'm days late seeing this, Sara, but you chose some great blogs! :-)

 
At 1:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and thank you! I'll do my best to live up to the honor! =cp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home