Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Did someone say 92 Degrees?...

Yes, they did and yes it is! Or rather was today during the middle of the day. And, here I was unpacking sweaters and storing them in their shelves...

It was so hot that I didn't care whether I ate dinner or not...but, opted to have a huge salad. Got some wonderful organically grown lettuces at the farmer's market last week...so I added cut up green and black olives, some brocolli, tomatoes, boiled egg, and crispy fried bacon. Topped all that off with a delicious chunky blue cheese dressing and filled my tummy up!!!

Mother wanted oatmeal (her and Susan) but she got homemade leftover meatloaf and sliced tomatoes which she really loved. About once or twice a week she wants oatmeal for dinner - every now and then I give in and let her have it. (About once a week)...after all she is 91! She ought to have whatever she wants within reason...(I would have to draw the line at a chocolate cake!!!)

So, now I have a question - what is your favorite blue cheese dressing (I used one called Lighthouse and it is found in the produce department)? Or do you have a recipe for making your own? Inquiring minds want to know...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love T. Marzetti's and also Marie's, both found in the produce section.

I really wanted a nice fresh salad for dinner, but I was too lazy to make it so I ate a gross Lean Cuisine!

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. This is the weather I live for!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Hockey Mom said...

I love the Naturally Fresh bleu cheese. It's my favorite.

Now, I want a huge salad and it's 10:30 at night! Yummmm.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Marie's Light Chunky Blue Cheese is my absolute favorite.

I'm a housebound person in the heat. Not much tolerance for warm temperatures, and my asthma doesn't like the air on a day like this, either.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Ann said...

T. Marzetti light chunky blue cheese is in my fridge right now. My favorite is my mom's homemade blue cheese dressing.

No clue on the recipe..

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Marie's Light Chunky Blue Cheese is good. But I usually have creamy Caesar dressing and that's what I had on my big Salad last night.

And gosh golly ghee ... didn't you ever try to get away with chocolate cake for breakfast when you were a kid? At least Oatmeal is good and it doesn't have to be just for breakfast. Can you tell I'm on Mom's side? Hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home