Thursday, June 14, 2007

Discovery...

Oh my...went and discovered a new author! It's not like I don't have a zillion authors that I like and enjoy reading - I had to go find another one - and a darn prolific writer, too...

This would be the book I just finished - Deep South by Nevada Barr. It was an excellent mystery featuring a National Parks Service Ranger named Anna Pigeon...and it is the 8th one featuring Anna. This story was set in Mississippi's Natchez Trace where she has just been transferred to accept a promotion. This book, while being a decently paced mystery, was filled with excellent prose describing the area and the park land as well as the subtle and sometimes not so subtle differences between its people. I will be looking forward to reading many more books (I think she is working on #14 in the series!) by this author.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home