Thursday, July 05, 2007

Out and About...


This is one of my favorite roads. It is called Half Mile Road. Spring and Summer look pretty much like this...and there is always a cool breeze running through no matter how hot it is. The road only goes a half mile - thus the name - but leads to a main road that will take you to either Cornish, New Hampshire 0r if you take a left at the light will take you to Vermont. There is a snowmobile trail on the right hand side...hidden in among the woods. People say you can see wildlife (meaning deer, moose, and smaller critters). I've never seen anything other than an eagle flying in front of my car.



Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger BreadBox said...

Hello, Michele sent me! Beautiful pictures: they remind me of some roads in southern england in the summer....

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Melody said...

What gorgeous piccies. Pity it only goes for Half a Mile eh? It looks like one of those roads you want to go on and on and on...

Just repaying the visit from earlier. ;)

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Susan said...

What lovely photos. And like Melody says...wouldn't it be fun to go on and on?

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

This is a GORGEOUS Road...! It looks so peaceful and inviting...I LOVE these pictures because you get a real sense of "place"...the trees and that long strech of pavement....I love the perpective of them, a lot!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

How gorgeous! It reminds me of the place I grew up...the road we lived on looked similar in places. It always had the scent of...dark green, if you know what I mean. :)

Hello, Michele sent me!

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am having too much fun reading your blog and seeing these photos!
I ran half mile road as part of my running route many times a week when I lived in Claremont.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home