Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lean...Mean...Green...Machine...

Never really thought of myself as being an environmental type person - I've just done things that I thought were earth friendly...but, until I took that quiz yesterday - I didn't realize how much of what I do supports our earth.

Have always been a firm believer of shopping local vendors - that includes farmers markets, businesses, and local veggies at my grocery store. Try to shop stores that give back to the community, too.

Cans, glass, paper, and plastic ends up being recyled. In a way it is kind of fun because one place gives me five cents per can, plastic bottle, or glass jar - that money becomes my "splurging fund" to buy yarn, fabric, and other items I need for my knitting and quilting.

Don't litter...use cloth grocery bags...donate things that I no longer use...pay and order things on line...and organize my driving so that trips are consolidated.

This year two new things were added to my list...now buy earth friendly cleaning and bathroom products and use the library instead of buying magazines or videos. There were a few other things on that list that I do.

It was kind of nice to figure out how little things add up to make our world a little better...

3 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Congratulations to you on being so wonderfully Green!
I know I could do better...In some ways it is hard because I actually am unable to go anywhere...(So I don't use a lot of Gas..!) But I cannot shop at Farmer's Markkets, etc...I WISH I could! But I do recycle what I can, etc.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

The earth friendly products is a big one. Our local whole foods is great for that. :) We all could do better, but I think the real difference would be if everyone did a little... just a little from everyone would make a huge difference. :)
~S

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Gerry said...

Good for you, Sara. I wish Texas did more to promote recycling. California does a WONDERFUL job, and they make it easy. It's difficult for me not to recycle as much as I would like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home