Saturday, September 15, 2007

Quiet Evening...

Spent a quiet evening last night. Did a little knitting on the Red Scarf and am wondering if the second one will be done in time to mail. If not, I will be ahead one for next year.

Watched "Mrs. Henderson Presents" with Judi Dench and Bob Hoskins. It made me laugh in places and cry in others. One of the interesting things was the special features which brought together some of the women who were the original Windmill Theatre Girls. It was interesting to hear them talk about the time. If you haven't seen it - it's worth it.

Thank you all for the compliments on my boy, Killian. He was named for a character on a television show...Jack Killian played by Gary Cole on a show called Midnight Caller.

Today plan on unpacking a few things (the stray things are always the hardest)...knitting and watching a few more movies...The Queen, CSI: Miami - Disc 1 Season One.

Today's Poem: Love Me Little Love Me Long by Unknown

Took the little quiz below and was surprised that it is so like me...

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

We just had a car issue - it decided to crop up while we were on the highway, far from home. It was a learning experience for all of us.

Dropped by from Michele's to let you know you're not alone in wrestling with transportation challenges.

Your son writes wonderfully, BTW. Popped by from Michele's for a regular dose of delight.

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger November Rain said...

hi from michelle
I like quiet evenings when I can crochet or just do some crafts

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here from Michele's...

I'd like to learn to knit one of these days. Of course, I'd probably start ten projects and not finish one of them. lol

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Pirate Princess said...

Michele says hello Sara!

I wish I could knit...... :)

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I saw "Mrs Henderson Presents"..I liked it too, though frankly I thing Bob Hoskins was miscast...Just my Iopinion.
I'vr seen "The Queen"...Really superb performance by Helen Mirren...I liked the whole film!

I will have to email you a picture of SILKY so you can see how much these two dear kitty's look alike!

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger kenju said...

I loved Mrs. Henderson presents and there was another movie that she was in recently, set in San Francisco that I loved even more. Michele sent me.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I took the test and ended up a Sunset as well. Very very fitting for me.
I popped over from Michele's just in case you were skipped.
~S

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

(I mean SunRISE).
~S

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

Oooh, I love Dame Judi! Thanks for the movie recommendation--I'll be sure to watch it.

AAAND your Red Scarf reminded me that if I'm going to send out a couple of homemade Christmas presents, I'd better get crackin' with my crochet. :)

Howdy, Michele sent me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home