Sunday, September 16, 2007

"The Drool Factor"...

Ever since I was given the right to vote, I have always studied the candidates and the issues and really worked at making an intelligent decision!

This coming election I am thinking that maybe I should change my way of voting - think it's about time to go for "the drool factor".

The requirements are simple enough:

1) Must be handsome or beautiful - depending on the choices.
2) Has to look good in a tuxedo or evening gown...after all there is a lot of entertaining that goes on at the White House and I don't want to be embarrassed.
3) Great smile - dimples are an added bonus.
4) Must be able to speak intelligently.
5. Having social graces would be nice - it's doesn't look nice when you can't remember people's names or how to act among the leaders of other countries.

So here are my choices and being one to give equal representation to both parties - you get one of each...(party - that is)

What's not to like about John Edwards - he has a great smile, nice and fit, speaks well and has a lovely soft southern accent type voice. His eyes crinkle when he laughs. He is nice to women - you can tell by the way he acts around his wife and seems to be quite the family man. He is intelligent...and would look nice in a tux...

What's not to like about Mitt Romney - He is an extremely good looking man. The gray hair makes him look a bit distinguished and some women would say "sexy". He has a nice smile. Seems to be a family man who enjoys being with his wife, kids, and grandkids. His ads show him running or jogging - so he seems to be in good physical condition and has the type body that would look good in a tuxedo! Tall and stately. And, he seems to have good manners and don't think he'd bungle it if he were introduced to international leaders.

So, there ya go! My thoughts for the day...(please take this in the tongue in cheek spirit it was written in)

Today's Poem: Love's Philosophy by Percy Bysshe Shelley

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Pretty packages fail to mask the rot that lies beneath. If I had a say in any of this - and I don't given my citizenship - I'd lean toward Mr. Edwards. He has always struck me as more sincere in the way he leads. I've already seen Romney in action as governor, and he struck me as just another opportunistic politician.

Peel away the facade and most of them are pretty much the same thing.

Dropped by from Michele's this afternoon to share my journalist's cynicism toward politicos. :)

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michele sent me, and I have to agree with Carmi, given the choice of these two.

That being said, I think number 4 is something we shouldn't have to specify...being able to speak intelligently should be a "given."

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger BreadBox said...

I'll take it tongue in cheek, but suggest that you continue your past habits and listen to their positions, study their past writings and votes, and try to figure out who will actually do the best for the country.
Please. I didn't try my hardest 7 years ago to persuade some friends who were registered in Florida to get out and vote. A few votes different there would have made all the difference....

Michele sent me today.
N.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Based on the criteria, I think #1 should be in good standing. lol
~S :)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Bernie said...

In Australia, we have an upcoming election that will be anounced in a matter of weeks!

But, I am afraid to say, neither of the candidates have ANY drool factor!!!

Here from Michele's this fine sunny Sydney morning!!

burntofferings and more at bernies fotoblog

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Crazy Single Mom said...

Michele sent me :-)

I tend toeards John Edwards, the pic you have of Mitt he looks like he has cold eyes,but he may be some peoples cup of tea, very good post :-)

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger November Rain said...

I am an Independent Voter (Party) and always go over the issues and try to make the best intelligent choice

as of right now I am still debating and my voting ballots will arrive in Oct

(Americans overseas get their ballots mailed to them)sometimes I vote repub sometimes demo sometimes I (note I never vote for Mickey mouse but I should of for the Bush elections) depends on the issues not the Party but this year
its a toss up Clinton or Edwards

by the way I am a Florida voter so I am one of those in the fl polls


thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend have a good week

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger November Rain said...

okay re-read that should have been sometimes I vote for another party (note I never vote for Mickey mouse but I should of for the Bush elections) it always depends

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Gerry said...

Sorry but I don't see any drool factor for either one of these candidates.

Edwards is shallow and wishy-washy.

And Romney makes me GAG! Although, I have to admit that Romney is the only one I pray for.

I pray HE WON'T GET ELECTED. He cannot and will not seperate his Mormonism from his presidential duties.

I've lived with a Mormon controlled government. And it scares me to death to think that the USA will end up being run by 'The Church'.

I don't want to give up free thinking, free will, free speech, or the seperation of Church and State!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home