Thursday, February 07, 2008

Yesterday...

What a wonderful day yesterday was! Thanks to all of you who sent birthday wishes either on the blog, e-mail, or snail mail! It was wonderful!!!!

My daughter called and left a message - so, it was wonderful to hear her voice...even though we didn't get to "talk".

Scarlett took me to dinner at one of my most favorite restaurants...Lui Lui! And, I think I ate way too much!!! For starters they bring these wonderful hard crust rolls and a bottle of olive oil with fresh herbs for dipping...

I chose a Scalloppini dish - 2 huge hand pounded and pan sauteed chicken breasts with fresh mushrooms and fresh gorgeous lobster...in this wonderful marsala wine sauce served with a huge side of penne covered with alfredo sauce (I asked for alfredo because I don't like marinara sauce as well). Dinner also came with a big Caesar salad. For dessert, I had a brownie with vanilla ice cream and hot chocolate sauce over it... It was all good! Really good!!!

For presents I got the following:

Lovely fat quarters - actually the one with tulips was used as the wrapping paper.


This photo of the fabric is actually better...it shows the colors of the batik clearer.

I have been wanting this book since I saw it over at Storey Publishing. Really trying to eat better and thought it would help me with learning ways to cook veggies. In just glancing over it I noticed that it has a lot more information other than just recipes...so, I am looking so forward to using it!

As we were walking out of the restaurant it started to flurry ... and when we came out of Best Buy (right down the street from the restaurant) having only been in there less than ten minutes we were in the middle of a full-fledged snow storm. As we got closer to Claremont it started turning to that icy rain stuff...but woke up this morning to snow...and it is still snowing...

Mom and my sister gave me some money which I am spending for a couple of knitting accessories that I have been wanting...and for some fabric or yarn or books...(not that I need any of those items!)

All in all - a Great Day!!!!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Wow!! That meal sounds so yummy! I don't suppose you have a doggie bag of leftovers you could email me!! Love those fabrics, too. Such luscious colors. I'll be interested to see if you like that new book. I'm always on the lookout for veggie recipes since I'm a vegetarian.

And just because I didn't make it to your blog yesterday Happy Birthday! Sixty two isn't bad. I'm on my way to 65!!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm glad you had such a nice dinner. Your dinner sounds wonderful.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

I meant to say I'm glad you had such a nice day. Clearly, I'm fixated on the FOOD.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Oh, a belated very Happy Birthday to you, Sara! The Lui Lui's up your way is a good place to eat. And that book looks marvelous (and not just because of the fantastic colors on the cover. I'm another one who's curious about the recipes so let us know when you try it!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Happiest of Birthdays!

I love the colors in that book cover especially.
~S

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

Great gifts and Happy Birthday again!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
My last birthday in the area I too celebrated at Lui Lui! Jim and I LOVE that place.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I go to Liu Liu up in Nashua from time to time. I agree, great food! Glad you had a wonderful day :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home