Thursday, January 31, 2008

Flexability...

At the appointed time, I arrived for my first Yoga Class. Now, I've taken a little class here or there - like when we went to a spa for three days and a yoga class was offered...but, never really made an effort to practice or do any more.

I can now tell you my body is not in the least bit flexible! It does not move in those directions! But, I am going to give it my best for the eight week class. The teacher, Angie, is very petite and can move her body in a zillion ways! She is also very kind, encouraging, and I liked her and the class members...All ten of us!

(The photo is of the cover of a video I have owned for a while - and once my class is over I will be using this video as well as attending a class with Angie every now and then)

I need exercise! My doctor said nothing drastic...like running the Boston Marathon. I am limited to Yoga for stretching and exercise and walking for exercise. She was very firm about that - until we get my thyroid under control again; we find out if there is something going on with my heart (real low level after an oxygen test); and we see if the pain that brings me to my knees is kidney stones!

Tonight begins another class which I am taking - it is a Meditation class.

Since sleepless nights are the norm these days - she suggested a meditation class - so, that I would learn how to clear my mind and bring calmness into my life. Therefore, I am so doing!!! And, looking forward to it all!!!

Sometimes you just gotta take care of yourself!!!

P.S. If you want a laugh - then THIS is great!!!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love yoga and meditating. I tell ya, I have lots of stressful, sleepless nights and mediation has so helped me with it. Good luck!
michele sent me

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

hello thanks for the visit and the laugh

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds really great. I stink at yoga, I'm just not that flexible, but I like it anywayuaoxul

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Carole Knits said...

I hope these classes help you out.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Andi said...

What kind of thyroid problems do you have. I have Hashimoto's Disease, Goiter Problems and Renault's Phenomenon. Michele sent me.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Andi said...

Oops...Raynaud's Phenomenon...I always mess up on the name of that one.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Sara, Michele sent me! Happy Friday and the yoga and meditation classes sound wonderful!

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just returning the visit...I've never done yoga (I'm beyond not flexible) but many people I know who have love it!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Oh, yoga-pretty soon you'll be able to prepare dinner while standijng on your head. Or not. =cp Seriously, you'll be amazed at how a little stretching on a regular basis can really loosen things up. Good luck!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

You're right, we need to take care of ourselves. Need exercise. I sure do at any rate. I like the sounds of "meditation" ... a quiet exercise for the mind.

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot do meditations. However, I do yoga regularly.

Flexibility will come with time. Don't hurry it.

Got here from you know who!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Pearl said...

Yoga is good for taking a relaxing breather. I should get back into myself. I enjoyed it while I was doing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home