Tuesday, January 22, 2008

B is for...

Books and Bookcases!

These are the three bookcases along the wall behind my chair! And, they are loaded (no, not that kind of loaded!) with tons of books! The LL Bean box is sitting on top of a tote that is full of yarn...the box is too!!!
Here is a closer view of the first one...
These two bookcases are in my bedroom...there is another one in there that I did not take a photo of...
This one also sits in my bedroom...on the right as you enter the room. I am proud of this bookcase as I made it myself!
This is a shot of the bookcase in the living room that hold all my quilting and knitting books - it is the one on the far left in the top photo. You can see my Denver cow and San Francisco trolley car.
Plus I imagine if you click on them you can see what books I own...and how many I own...and that doesn't count the twelve or more boxes in the closet full of paperbacks...

So, Books and Bookcases are a natural for the letter "B"! They are a part of me...and my life! I am rarely without a book in some stage of being read.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I've not heard of this A B C Along before....Maybe you could explain this for those of us unfamiliar?
I LOVE Bookcases filled with books....I LOVE Books, too of course....(lol)
Your books are very interesting, Sara....Do you always display them like thator is this just for the A B C Along? I know that running out of room for books "feeling" very well....No matter how much I cull my books and put things in storage....STILL, there is not enough room! But this is not a terrible problem, it is a GOOD Problem!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

I'm going to ask you the same question I asked a dear friend (who also is a book maniac): Will you ever read all those books again? And if so, will you then read them again, and again?

;)

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Susan said...

What a great post! And, yes, of course I clicked! :-) If I lived nearer, I'd be over there asking "May I borrow this?" Nice goddesses too!

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh I love all those books & books and bookcases of books. I thought, "I am BAD with all the books I have but thank goodness someone is worse than me." And great minds do think alike, Sara. I had planned to take pictures of my books this weekend for the ABC Along. BTW, my books a mostly craft books. Knitting, crochet, embroidery, quilting & painting. The ones I read for enjoyment; I usually pass on to someone else to enjoy. And usually they were given to me 2nd hand anyways.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

sesame street. song.
'Letter B'

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

BTW, Sara I noticed the Mrs Albee awards. You use to sell Avon? I have a few of those ladies also. Remember the customer drawing for the Monte Carlo back in 1980? I won the Monte Carlo ... because one of my customers did. ;-)

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Amanda Jean said...

have you ever thought about color coding them? i realize that would take some time...

I did my bookshelves last winter after a snowstorm.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67604797@N00/406003343/

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Bookcases bulging beautifully with books!!!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi there, Sara. I dropped in from Michele's quiet M&G this week to let you know that pictures of fully stocked bookshelves bring me immense comfort.

There's so much potential in each of these pictures: long afternoons and evenings spent quietly reading whatever you wish to pull off the shelf, or maybe just a quick peek before you head out the door in the morning.

Either way, it's much more interesting than a bare wall. Thanks for sharing this...I need to get cracking on some shelves of my own!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Is that you with Hillary?
I really admire her.
~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home