Saturday, January 19, 2008

Reading Day...

Today is starting out to be a lazy day...and it can't be! Have way too much to do!

But, I started the day off by reclining in my lounge chair and finishing up the last 30 pages of the book Marley and Me by John Grogan. What an awesome book. I just loved it! But, then I love dogs...so, this book was a natural for me. How could one not fall in love with this sweet dog - and his family. It truly was a feel good read - even though there were some incredibly sad parts...and , yes, I cried during the sad parts.


Now off to work on the house until this evening when I can read some more. The one left to finish is Edge of the Earth, Corner of the Sky by Art Wolfe. The library will be expecting me on Monday with the return of these two books.

Then I have about eight books sitting next to my bed in a to-be-read-pile. Five of them are for my reading challenge this year - and don't have to be read back-to-back.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i answered your question over at my place if you want to go have a peek.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Hey, Sara. Michele sent me today.

I had a busy day, too, and am looking forward to later, when I can sit and read the evening away... I'm trying to finish up a challenge book tonight, too.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I don't seem to be able to read the way I once did...and I have lots of books I COULD read...but....I don't know. I got the Noel Coward book, Letters of Noel Coward...and have been kind of jumping around in that---he was such a talented interesting man....but other than that?
I haven't read Marley & Me...I have it, but just cannot seem to get to it...! I think it is great that you read so much! Good For You!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You are on the blogroll now!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Panthergirl said...

We loved Marley & Me too. My son and I listened to the book in the car over several days and both of us just wept at the end! So beautiful.

I need new glasses so I can read physical books again. Audiobooks are great in the meantime, though!

Here via michele...

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

i read one book so far this monmth. that is a start
Michele sent me

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Todd Camplin said...

if i just killed my tv, i would get a lot more reading done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home