Monday, January 14, 2008

This...That...And T'other...

Monday's are made for looking back at the previous week and forward to the coming week...or just reminising...kind of like thinking out loud!

1) Finally decided on the colors for the block I have to finish up today...Purples! Have a ton of purples...and think the block will be pretty. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

2) Sure would be nice if I wasn't waking up at 3:00 a.m. and then taking two hours to get back to sleep. Feeling most sleep deprived...think part of it has been that Mom has taken to getting up at weird hours. For the past couple of weeks, I've put her to bed at her ususal 7 - 7:30 pm bedtime...only to find her at 10 pm or 3 am - up and taking a bath to get ready to go out. So, now if I hear the slightest noise I am wide awake! Talked to her doctor and we upped one of her meds so that maybe she would sleep better.

3) Did you know that Apple's Macintosh computer went on sale to the public in 1984? I was one of the people who shelled out the selling price of $2,495 for one! It was my first computer ... and I kept it for about 10 years before I switched over.

4) Griffin (my new grand-dog) relaxing at his home. Makes me sort of wonder how big he is going to be??? Tara says he is a good dog! And, he seems to be happy sharing his home with her and the cats - Buster and Sherman. I look forward to going to Arizona to see all of them.

5) It is snowing today...and according to the weather guy we are scheduled to be in the range of 5" to 10" of the white stuff falling on us. It started at three and has been lightly snowing all day - up until an hour ago - when it started to fall even more.

6) The trees look beautiful! I don't know what it is about the trees when they are covered in snow that makes me so happy.

7) Did you ever wonder how we got the dollar sign? In the pioneer days, the symbol for currency was US. The "S" was placed directly over the "U". Over time, people got lazy and instead of overlapping , they shortened it to an "$" with two lines through it! Cool little fact!!!

5 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your new Grand-Dog is really huge already....He looks like he could be the size of a small horse eventually...(lol)
The snow sounds so beautiful, from afar....I use to love the way the trees looked, too....But I must admit, I do not miss the snow itself with all the problems that can be created....!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Janet said...

I can relate to #2. I live with my 82 year old Dad and while he's ok now...

That pup is adorable!

5 & 6: We got about a foot...and I agree, love the trees with snow on them. I had to go out and shoot some pictures of course, and tripped over a snow back and fell on my face! But I held the camera up and out of danger's way LOL!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger knitseashore said...

I hope you are getting some more rest now that your mom's meds are adjusted.

We lucked out with only 2-3" of snow this time, and it looks like the rain that came after melted it.

So glad to see your previous post. I look forward to those. I have trouble drinking enough water too -- it has to be room temperature or I get too cold.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jilly said...

Griffin is heaven!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger ~Easy said...

I'm also an original MacAddict. I just bought my 3rd one since 1987. It's nice to have a computer you don't have to replace every other year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home