Saturday, January 05, 2008

Day Trippin'...

Windsor, Vermont is about seven miles from my home. I go there often...mainly to recycle my Pepsi cans and other cans plus glass jars or bottles I've used. It is earth friendly and they pay me a nickel for each one (if you buy it in Vermont, you pay a nickel when you buy it!) But, since I shop in New Hampshire - I am gaining a nickel for each one...And the money goes into my "slush fund" for yarn and fabric. But that's beside the point.

There are two ways to travel over to Windsor from my house...my favorite way takes me over this wonderful bridge! Isn't it grand??? Sorry the photo is so dark...it was a pretty cloudy day.

This bridge is the Cornish/Windsor Covered Bridge. I love it...it's supposed to be the longest covered bridge around.

Do click on both photos - as this one shares a bit of history...
Enjoy your day...I will be installing my new computer (yes, it arrived) today...and hopefully all will go well and I will see you tomorrow.

Today's poem: Midsummer by Sydney King Russell

1 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger knitmd said...

That reminds me of a couple of covered bridges in my neck of the woods. Perhaps it is about time to seek them out for a photo shoot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home